Omotenashi (Japanese hospitality) created by Syukyaku Ittai (a harmonious combination of the host and guests)
We keep this policy in mind every time we welcome our guests.
Syukyaku Ittai is a word expressing the spirit of Omotenashi (Japanese hospitality) in Sado (Tea Ceremony), which means the attitude of both the host and the guest to create the atmosphere together.
We put much value on the harmony created by our guests and staffs together.
This is our Syukyaku Ittai and Omotenashi.
We’d like our guests enjoy every second in their precious time.
We’d like to offer more than expected by our guests who enjoy visiting MOTOI.
Our mission and pleasure is to create the harmony more than ever together with our guests.
Collection de Saison
Tasting Menu Lunch with meat course
We offer you 10 courses including appetizer, dessert and after-lunch drink.
Tasting Menu Dinner filled with the fusion of seasonal food of each day and Kyoto culture.
We offer you 13 courses including appetizer, dessert and after-dinner drink.
Dinner [Short course]
This course menu is short dinner course menu that is extracted only amuse,apetizer,fish dish,main desh from Tasting Menu Dinner. It's for guests want to easily enjoy or being in a hurry.
Please Note:10% service charge will be added to your lunch/dinner.
We have a designed space (private room) for your comfort (up to 8 guests).
We serve you a special menu in this room.
Tax included, but 10% service charge will be added.
Cancellation made on the appointed day, we charge 14,580 JPY per person.
About our Tasting Menu
* Our menu changes daily.
Please advise your preference or allergy while booking.
* We may ask you your customer history so that we can offer you the different courses every time you visit us.
* If you do not mention about your customer history or it is not clear, we may offer you the same courses as before.
Thank you for understanding.
* As we offer the best ingredients of the season, the courses might be the same when you visit us several times in a month.
Reservations may be made by calling the restaurant or online via reservation form.
Reservation Form>> Click here
We are closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
* We accept reservations up to two months in advance of the date requested.
* You may have difficulty getting through to us during open hours. We apologize about the inconvenience.
■Closed ■Lunch Time Closed ■Dinner Time Closed
ADDRESS: 186 Tawaraya-cho, Tominokoji Nijyo Sagaru, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto
TEL: 075-231-0709 (overseas: +81-75-231-0709 )
Dress Code & Policies, How to Access
We adhere to the following policies to ensure that all guests are afforded the pleasant dining.
* No smoking is allowed inside including the waiting space.
* We are afraid no children under 13 are allowed.
* We do not have any strict dress code but we ask that gentlemen refrain from wearing too casual clothing such as shorts and flip-flops.
* Recommended Dress code is Casual Elegant.
* We are afraid no guest with too much perfume is allowed.
* Please refrain from taking pictures inside with equipments that make sounds so that we can ensure the comfort for all guests.